Monday, June 8, 2015

Happy 2nd Week of June

6/8/15

Slow week again. I went on two exchanges this week. President wants us to do two, possibly even three a week over the next transfer. It's fun, but things definitely get a little hectic!

We found a new investigator this week! She's a single Hispanic lady. The first lesson went really well. We just showed "Because of Him" and talked about the Atonement. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to catch her home again. Hopefully we can keep teaching her consistently. We also had a lesson with a part member family. We talked a lot with the husband about ways to know God is really there. We focused a lot on recognizing the Spirit, but he really wants a sign to prove God is real. Like really, really wants a sign. Haha

We had Zone Meeting this week. It was a pretty standard Zone Meeting. Only difference was that I had to plan it. It's pretty much like planning a district meeting, only longer. We had some get-to-know you questions that were a little bro-friendly. Happens when you have an all Elders Zone. Someone asked "What kind go girls do you like?" to one of the elders. "Umm, Chinese." Haha

On a positive note, a girl in our YSA is dating a guy in Maryland who is taking the lessons. Well he is moving here in a few weeks, and says he is planning, as of now, to get baptized here. We are going to try to start doing Skype lessons with him, since he will have to go off our teaching record anyway. It'll help facilitate the process if we start teaching him now. The other missionaries might not like that, but I'm pretty good at beguiling people into getting what I want. ;) So we'll see. 

It's crazy how fast time has gone by. It'll be my birthday and my year-mark in less than a month. I took my birthday off Facebook, so this year I'll get to see who my real friends are. Haha. 

I'll add a picture from the baptism last week. 

Have a good week,
Elder Bunn



No comments:

Post a Comment